How to Write a Thesis Statement Successfully
A thesis statement of your writing is its main thought that brings the most important idea of the whole document. To create your paper well, you need to understand how to make a good thesis statement and where to place it. You also need to know the purpose and style of the document and audience that will read it. In our short guide, we’ve gathered all the important information related to a thesis. Start reading and find answers to all the questions!
What’s a Thesis Definition?
According to the thesaurus, a thesis statement is just 1-2 sentences in the text that contains the idea of the document. The thesis statement should be well-supported, developed and professionally explained in the document with strong evidence and successful examples.
How Long a Thesis Statement Should Be?
Many beginner writers may think that a thesis statement can contain more than one sentence. And yes, you may put it into one or two sentences, but remember that it must reflect the main idea of your work. We suggest making your thesis statement not very long but at the same time don’t create it too short. People will not be able to understand your work’s main point from the short thesis statement.
Where a Thesis Statement Should Be Written?
The best place for your thesis statement is the article’s introduction. This is an optimal point to give readers an understanding of what your work is about. Plus, you need to highlight your position to the article’s problem. We recommend placing a thesis statement at the end of your first paragraph. In this way, readers will easily understand what your article is about and if it’s interesting for them to read it.
Parts of a Thesis Statement
Writing a strong thesis statement is not an easy job. Actually, a thesis statement could be separated into three parts:
- limited subject – informs the reader what this article is about;
- precise opinion – gives an answer to a question about the work’s subject;
- the blueprint of reasons – the plan that defines the shape of your article.
According to this, let’s make an example of a thesis statement:
Physical training (limited subject) is the best choice for those people who want to keep themselves in good shape (precise opinion) because it keeps your muscles working, makes your body stronger, and improves your health, mental and physical condition (blueprint of reasons).
How to Create a Strong Thesis Statement for the Article?
Define what kind of work you are working on: it may be an expository, argumentative or analytical paper. Then follow the next steps:
- Determine the main goal of your work, why you need to write it and what it must bring to people. Think about your future audience. Who will be reading your article? It’ll help you to formulate the work’s style, the purpose of writing and its main goal. It’s important that you have some knowledge about the topic of the article. It’s impossible to make good work with a successful thesis without a great understanding of the subject.
- If you have got a problem with creating a thesis, just try to write down all your ideas about this subject. Then re-read them carefully and try to find connections between things you wrote. Discover new ideas here and then just try to use these ideas to generate the main point of your article.
- Ask yourself about what problem you’re going to solve in your work. An answer is your thesis statement. Keep in your memory that a thesis mustn’t look like a question. Remember your thesis statement should be no longer than just 1-2 sentences. Do not make your thesis too long, keep it concise and clear.
- Put the thesis into the beginning of your work. The best place is to put it at the end of the introduction part. During writing the work, analyze your thesis statement. It could be changed a bit depending on where your thoughts will go, so feel free to change it or add/delete some things while creating the article.
- Do not mention in the thesis things you are not going to discuss in the whole article. Never make a thesis statement from the first person. Remember all the parts of your article should support, argue or explain a thesis statement. Keep the whole work connected with it. When you have finished writing your work, go back to the thesis and define if you need to make some corrections there.
Help in Creating a Great Thesis Statement
Needless to say, writing papers is a hard job that requires good writing skills, patience, and a lot of practice. Surely you can search for many useful tips online about writing, but not all people have enough time to read these things and practice for long days improving their skills. What to do if you need to write a serious and complicated manuscript urgently? If you are in need of writing any paper, but you have got a problem with making a thesis statement, just trust a qualified company that will create a great paper for you. We cooperate with the most professional writers that are ready to help you to write anything you need. Trust our excellent specialists that can create excellent and unique articles on a chosen subject. If you’re struggling with choosing a topic, we can provide great variants to make the paper bright and extraordinary. Whether you must create a story or scientific paper, we will fulfill the task in the shortest terms. Go ahead and impress readers with a great manuscript with a wonderful thesis statement.